Sunday 24 April 2011

Hot Pot!

Continuing on with my Chinese themed menu. My second favourite meal is Hot Pot.

Hot Pot, in the asian tradition consists of a variety of stew - by simering metal pot of stock at the center of the dining table. While the hot pot is kept simmering, ingredients are placed into the pot and are cooked at the table infront of all dining guests.

Typical ingredients can include vegetables, meat, seafood, qual egg, mushrooms, wontons, egg and dumplings. Personally my favourite, is seafood. My family and I eat alot of prawns, mussells and fish.

This meal is usually eaten in most Asian traditions, but very familiar with the Chinese/Vietnamese tradition in winter because it is a very warm meal.

Eating hot pot with my family allows us to enjoy our food and talk at the same time. It is a very traditional and common Sunday dinner in my family.


Julie

No comments:

Post a Comment